Sunday, January 13, 2008

The living bread




I'm making cards for a Church event at my niece's church. So I wanted to make some cards for First Communion, Easter and thinking about a baptism one. I have the idea in my head, now it's just painting it. But I like the challenge.

Okay with this card I started with the ivory card stock and painted random grape clusters, using to purple shades of acrylic paint. Then I put the panels of gold textured paper and printed paper by hot off the press. The verse is from a song. printed that off on the computer. Painted the grape clusters and cut them out . To highlight the words I used the purple and a floating medium and brushed over them. And then to the inside of the card. Double matting the verse and painting the grape clusters. Grapes are fun to paint.

1 comment:

StraightMom said...

I like the colors you chose. Very complimentary and makes me think of church. Sounds weired, I know.

I'm back from my trip and excited to start implementing what I learned.

Keep up the great work.

painted by Liz Miller