Wednesday, March 19, 2008

lunchtime sketch


This card I started with a red 9x4 card.

Not a size I make often.

The sketch is from Technostamper blog. It looks difficult , but it's not once you start.
Used orange mesh for the center 31/4" square then layered a 21/4 " orange square with a 2" red square.
The balloons I painted then cut out a used foam dots to adhere to the center panel.
The side triangles are the orange mesh 31/4" square cut in half, layered with a orange 11/4" and a red 11/8" squares. Painted balloons on those squares, and foam dots to adhere them.
Added 4 red brads to the center points.
And red raffia tied to the top of the card, and a bow of red raffia for the balloons.
I didn't like all the red so I cut out four triangles of the orange CS to use as the panels on the card.
I may be trying this size card more often, it was fun.

1 comment:

MJ said...

What a festive fun card. You did a wonderful job with the sketch. Thanks for playing.

painted by Liz Miller