Saturday, May 24, 2008

Fantastic Friday Ribbon Challenge

For the Fantastic Friday challenge at Inkydoodle.blogspot.com Korin wanted us to use ribbon with NO KNOT OR BOWS . So what I did was use a sheer ribbon to make sea weed on this fish card. I cut the top edge of the ribbon at a slant and then sewed it to the cardand twisted it as I was sewing to give it more texture. I like how it turned out. Thanks Korin for a great challenge, so we think outside the box.
The fish is a Liz's original painting.

4 comments:

Maria Matter said...

OMGosh!! Liz, this is gorgeous! What a great idea sewing/twisting the ribbon!!

StraightMom said...

This was a fabulous result to the challenge given. Way to go, Liz!

Jessica Smith said...

Oh wow this is such a great idea I would have never thought of this for the challenge great job!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! That is a terrific idea! Thanks for sharing your creativity!

painted by Liz Miller