Monday, August 4, 2008

from butterflies to snowmen

This butterfly is a painted Liz's original. Outlined it with gold pen. Mounted on a gold paper
The flower branch I painted to the card and added the clear dimentional to the buds. Added the paper strip and mounted it. And the 3 brads on the side. A top folded ivory card. Mounted with a green panel.


The snowman is paper pieces. I started with tracing the body onto white CS, then paper tore around the trace lines. Added the fabric scarf. The hat I traced onto a suede paper and cut that out. A side folded white card , stamped with (Close to my heart stamp) snowflakes, adding the stickles to them. And on the hat put a stickles pom-pom. With the sky blue ink pad applied to the edges of the snowman body and the edges of the card.
Paper tore the card side and added red CS behind it.
His nose is cut out from the orange CS.

3 comments:

Mighty Minimalist Mama said...

I LOVE the butterfly card, of course. The snowman is adorable. Did you follow card layouts from your new magazine? They're awesome.

Liz's Lovelies said...

no, the snowman is my own layout. I used a embossing template for the design of the snowman. the butterfly is a mojo monday sketch layout. week 41.

Chrissy D said...

I love this snowman and your paper tearng/ piecing!!! This is a FUN card! TFS!

painted by Liz Miller