Thursday, August 7, 2008

christmas cards

Started with the ivory card. punched out 1/4" squares and glued those to the edges of the card.
The image is a copy of an old postcard I purchased at an antique store. Making copies of the original I can make more cards with the postcard.
Tied a red ribbon to the circle clip and clipped it to the edge of the image.



Stampendous stamp using black ink. I then stamped the 'tiny babe, prince of peace' on another

paper and cut the image out , using pop dots adhered that over the stamped image.

Highlighted with blue paint to the cutout.

Used watercolor pencils and colored in the Christ child and manger.

Adding a gemstone to the star.

Sewed this to a red panel.
Put on a yellow panel and an ivory card.

3 comments:

Mighty Minimalist Mama said...

That's some detail. I love the card. The jewel, the ribbon, the popped out words...and so much more. I'm not sure where the wording comes from on the yellow, if it's part of the paper, but I liked it and wondered what it would look like if you randomly stamped scripture on the edges. Your work is so wonderful.

Mighty Minimalist Mama said...

I also love the coloring on the caroling card. Great job!

Liz's Lovelies said...

on the yellow paper the words are part of the paper . That is a cool idea to stamp scripture on the edges too.
The caroling card is a copy of a old postcard, I like it too. I can't take credit for the coloring.

painted by Liz Miller