Saturday, September 1, 2007

from flowers to fruit




I am using a
pearlescent acrylic paint in these two cards. It gives a pretty shine to the grapes and leaves. It does take longer to dry though then the folk art acrylic paint. The one card I punched out a square in the card and a larger
square cut out in the matting. Inside the card I painted grapes to show through the window. Then for the inside and front of the card I placed a cut out grape and used a pop dot to raise them. The other card I trifolded the card, painting grapes on the left side and painted a leaf and cut it out adhering it to the right side fold , so when you close the card you see the leaf peek out from behind the grapes. And then stamped a sentiment on the front on the card. I did like painting these grapes, so I will be trying other things besides flowers. Also on the card on the right, I cut out around the grapes on the front edge. Keep checking the blog for my next painted art. With Thanksgiving and Christmas coming soon I'm wanting to paint cards with those holidays in mind.

No comments:

painted by Liz Miller