Saturday, December 13, 2008

Guiding Light


Had so much fun doing the snowman note board, thought I'ld try a summer scene.
and I also collect light houses so this is perfect.
Did the sky with a sponge of sky blue and white paints, and sponged in the grass with shades of green. Painted the lighthouse outline with white and then painted on the red stripes. The house also I painted the outline with white and then painted the windows and highlights for the roof line . The trees are pounced in with the corner of a flat brush.
And the frame I put this in is one my Dad made for me. Special!!!

3 comments:

Mighty Minimalist Mama said...

I missed the fact that you were posting again until just now. What great creations. You're fabulous, Liz. Love ya.

Chrissy D said...

Love lighthouses! This is wonderful!

Esther said...

what a fantastic job on bth the boards! Commissions next wink wink!

painted by Liz Miller