Monday, June 9, 2008

salt faith challenge




I haven't done an altered book for awhile, so here's the cover of one I'm working on.


Used the Psalm 18:2.

For the salt faith challenge it's any Psalm that you wanted to use, in any creative way.

At first I was going for the mountain effect with the torn paper, but with the striped paper it reminded me of fields, so I painted some wheat in the lower corner. The sun I had fun with, glued layers of yellow mulberry paper and some gold paper for a textured effect. And added the gold stickles paint to the center.
The verse I printed off the computer.
And the final touch of the birds in flight.
The book is a child's board book.

2 comments:

Hazel said...

I love this - interesting textures. Thanks for joining in the Salt challenge.

artfulstampin said...

This is lovely! What a great idea, thank you for taking part, can't wait to see more of your book.

painted by Liz Miller